There is no shortage of beautiful places to see in West Virginia. Whether you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life or you want to find a spot to enjoy some outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone in the Mountain State. Here are just a few of the most beautiful places in West Virginia that you won’t want to miss.
WEST VIRGINIA – The Top 10 Places YOU NEED TO SEE!
There’s no place like home, and for some, that means West Virginia. The state is known for its gorgeous mountains and valleys, and there are plenty of spots that could be considered the most beautiful place in the state. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Blackwater Falls State Park – Located in Tucker County, Blackwater Falls State Park is home to one of the most photographed spots in West Virginia – Blackwater Falls. The falls flow over a sandstone ledge and into an old growth forest full of hemlocks, making for a truly magical scene. 2. Dolly Sods Wilderness Area – This spot in Randolph County is often referred to as “the Alps of America.”
With its high-altitude plateau and rocky terrain, it’s easy to see why. The wilderness area is also home to several rare plant species, so it’s definitely worth exploring if you’re looking for something off the beaten path. 3. New River Gorge National River – The New River Gorge is one of the oldest rivers in North America, and it flows through some of the most beautiful scenery in West Virginia.
There are countless hiking trails and camping spots along the river, so you can really take your time enjoying all that this place has to offer. 4. Seneca Rocks – These towering rocks located in Pendleton County are a popular spot for rock climbing enthusiasts from all over the world. Even if you don’t plan on scaling them yourself, they’re definitely worth checking out – they’re truly awe-inspiring!
5 . Smoke Hole Caverns – If you’re looking for something a little different, Smoke Hole Caverns might be just what you’re after . These caverns located in Grant County offer tours where you can learn about their history and geology while getting up close and personal with some of their resident bats .
6 . Beartown State Park – Last but not least , we have Beartown State Park in Pocahontas County . This park gets its name from the many bear sightings that have been reported here over the years , but it’s also home to some pretty stunning views .
If you want to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet , this is certainly the place to do it .
Unique Places to Visit in West Virginia
There are many unique places to visit in West Virginia. One place that is definitely worth a visit is the town of Harpers Ferry. This town is located at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers and offers beautiful views, historic buildings, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
Another great place to visit in West Virginia is Blackwater Falls State Park. This park features a 62-foot waterfall, hiking trails, camping sites, and much more. It’s the perfect place to enjoy nature and get away from it all.
If you’re looking for something a little different, be sure to check out The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs. This luxury resort has been welcoming guests for over 200 years and offers world-class amenities like golf, spa services, shopping, dining, and more. No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something special in West Virginia.
These are just a few of the many unique places that this state has to offer.
Best Places to Visit in West Virginia
There is no shortage of beautiful places to visit in West Virginia. Here are five of the best, in no particular order:
1. Harpers Ferry National Historical Park – This park offers stunning views of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers, as well as a wealth of history dating back to the Civil War.
2. Blackwater Falls State Park – One of the most popular state parks in West Virginia, Blackwater Falls is known for its dramatic waterfalls and lush forest scenery. 3. New River Gorge National River – The New River Gorge is one of the most iconic landscapes in West Virginia, and it’s perfect for hiking, camping, fishing, and whitewater rafting. 4. Cass Scenic Railroad State Park – Take a step back in time on this historic steam-powered railroad that winds its way through scenic forests and mountainsides.
Secret Places in West Virginia
There are many hidden gems in West Virginia that are waiting to be discovered. Here are just a few of the secret places in the Mountain State:
1. The Greenbrier River Trail is one of the best kept secrets in West Virginia.
This rail-trail runs for 78 miles along the Greenbrier River, offering stunning scenery and a chance to get away from it all. 2. Another great spot for nature lovers is Dolly Sods Wilderness Area. This remote area in the Allegheny Mountains is known for its wildflower meadows, bogs, and heath balds.
3. For history buffs, Seneca Caverns is a must-see. This cavern was once used as a hideout by Native Americans and later served as a Civil War hospital. Today, it’s open for tours year-round.
4. If you’re looking for an adventure, consider visiting Blackwater Falls State Park. Here you can hike to cascading waterfalls, go whitewater rafting, or even take a scenic train ride through the park.
Family Vacation Spots in West Virginia
When it comes to family vacation spots, West Virginia has a lot to offer. From the beautiful mountains to the many rivers and lakes, there is something for everyone in this great state. Here are just a few of the top family vacation spots in West Virginia:
1. Snowshoe Mountain – This popular ski resort is perfect for families who love to hit the slopes. With plenty of beginner and intermediate trails, as well as several restaurants and shops, Snowshoe Mountain is a great place to spend a few days with the family. 2. Canaan Valley Resort State Park – This state park offers much more than just hiking and camping.
With an indoor waterpark, horseback riding, golfing, and more, Canaan Valley Resort State Park is perfect for families who want to stay active on their vacation. 3. The Greenbrier – A historic luxury resort located in White Sulphur Springs, The Greenbrier is perfect for families who want a relaxing vacation. With multiple pools, tennis courts, spas, and restaurants on site, you won’t have to leave the resort if you don’t want to!
4. Berkeley Springs State Park – Another great spot for those looking for an active vacation, Berkeley Springs State Park offers hiking trails, swimming pools, golf courses, and more. The historic town of Berkeley Springs is also worth exploring while you’re in the area!
Best Places to Stay in West Virginia
There are many great places to stay in West Virginia, but there are a few that stand out above the rest. If you’re looking for a place to stay that offers incredible views, great amenities, and easy access to all the best that West Virginia has to offer, then look no further than The Greenbrier. This world-famous resort is located in White Sulphur Springs and features two championship golf courses, an award-winning spa, and plenty of activities for the whole family.
If you want to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet, then head to Canaan Valley Resort & Conference Center. This secluded resort is located in Davis and offers stunning mountain views, hiking trails, ski slopes, and more. There are also several restaurants on-site so you can enjoy a meal without having to leave the comfort of your room.
Finally, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option that doesn’t sacrifice quality or comfort, then check out Holiday Inn Express Charleston West Virginia Hotel & Suites. This hotel offers affordable rates without skimping on amenities like free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, and a hot breakfast buffet each morning.
What Part of West Virginia is the Most Beautiful?
There is no definitive answer to this question as beauty is subjective. However, many people believe that the most beautiful part of West Virginia is the New River Gorge. The New River Gorge is a National Park and Preserve located in southern West Virginia.
It is known for its dramatic cliffs, scenic views, and abundant wildlife.
What is the Number 1 Attraction in West Virginia?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on individual preferences. However, some of the most popular tourist destinations in West Virginia include the New River Gorge, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and the Blackwater Falls State Park.
What’S the Prettiest Town in West Virginia?
There are a lot of beautiful places in West Virginia, but one of the prettiest towns is definitely Davis. Located in Tucker County, Davis is nestled in the Allegheny Mountains and is known for its stunning scenery. The town itself is small and quaint, with a population of only about 600 people.
However, it’s surrounded by nature at its finest, with plenty of hiking trails and waterfalls to explore. In addition to its natural beauty, Davis is also home to some great restaurants and shops. If you’re looking for a charming place to visit in West Virginia, Davis is definitely worth checking out!
Is West Virginia a Pretty State?
Yes, West Virginia is a pretty state. Located in the Appalachian Mountains, the state is known for its scenic beauty, with many hiking and camping opportunities. The New River Gorge National River is also a popular destination for rafting and kayaking.
In addition to its outdoor attractions, West Virginia also has several historical sites, such as the Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.
There are many beautiful places in West Virginia, but one of the most beautiful is seneca rocks. Seneca Rocks is a huge rock formation that rises above the surrounding forest. It’s a popular spot for climbers and hikers, and the views from the top are incredible.
If you’re looking for a place to enjoy nature and take in some stunning scenery, Seneca Rocks is definitely worth a visit.